Something better for the children
Thank you for your participation!
You played in the challenges of the “Something Better” application and participated in our activities on the day of the Authentic Marathon of Athens and we translated your participation into € 3,286,177, which will be invested in the “Panagioti & Aglaias Kyriakou” and “Aghia Sofia” Children Hospitals renovation.
This amount is only part of OPAP’s total investment in this significant project, which aims to offer better medical care conditions to children.
More specifically, the projects that we undertake immediately, aiming to deliver them by the end of 2017 are the following:
“Panagioti & Aglaia Kyriakou” Children Hospital
- Complete reconstruction, renovation and upgrade of the 4th floor (Wing A) Nursing Unit of the Hospital, of approximately 550 square meters total area and 30 beds in capacity.
- Complete reconstruction, renovation and upgrade of the 1st floor (Wing A) B’ University Pathological Nursing Unit, of approximately 550 square meters total area and 22 beds in capacity.
“Aghia Sophia” Children Hospital
- Complete reconstruction, renovation and upgrade of the 6th floor’s 2 University Nursing Units, of approximately 1,600 square meters total area and 59 beds in capacity
- Complete reconstruction, renovation and upgrade of the Ground floor Day Care Unit (for the treatment of chronic daily surgical incidents, including the surgery rooms), of approximately 600 square meters total area
- Complete reconstruction, renovation and upgrade of the Central Sterilization Unit on the Ground floor, of approximately 600 square meters total area
The creation of new hygiene spaces in all nursing units, the complete upgrade of electric and mechanic infrastructure, such as air conditioning, heating and ventilation are included in all of the above mentioned renovation projects and will be delivered in complete accordance to the latest international specifications. Additionally, in all of the renovated and reconstructed areas of the Hospitals, we will place new medical and hotel equipment.
Do something better for the children
Do you have a Smartphone?
Download the mobile app and participate at the challenges.
For every successful challenge,
OPAP will increase its contribution.
You don’t have a Smartphone?
You can play on your pc and increase
OPAP will increase its contribution